Thursday, April 1, 2010

OUCH!

I don't know about you, but I love the ways God has talked to me throughout my life. The way he nudges me, calms me, slows me down, and especially the way he opens my eyes to things unseen.

Let me give you a sneak peek into my life on any given Monday. Mondays at our house are generally a low key day. Coffee, pj's, ponytails, and a boat load of housework, especially laundry. This past Monday was no different. Grant was down for an early nap, and Gracie had more ants in her pants then I cared for. She wanted to have a friend over, but with her cold, and not knowing who to call I kept saying "NO." She followed me around the house....ants trailing behind, bugging me. So I finally stopped and asked her if she wanted to play a game. Of course that was a resounding "YES." I quickly rushed us through Candy Land, and brushed her off so I could continue on with my to do list. After grumbling about not having any friends she decided to do the dishes (she loves to clean). I later walked into the kitchen to put away some towels when Gracie said, "mom, you know why I don't ever ask you to play with me?......because you are always too busy." OUCH!!!!!! This mom's eyes welled up with tears and I gave her a big hug. Right then I heard God speaking and thanked Him for using Gracie to slow me down, to realize the important things in life....and well sometimes the important things are the BIG ones, like Gracie, its not the piddly laundry that will be there tomorrow.

I've been really struggling lately with the direction I'm going. Key word there is "I'm"! But after those words were spoken to me so innocently by Gracie, I understand that this life isn't all about me! God forgive me, God please guide me, God open my eyes to my own family and especially to YOU!!! ..........and please do not stop talking to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment